Pass Your South Carolina - BFI NMLS Mortgage License Exam
Test prep tools to help you become a South Carolina - BFI mortgage loan officer
Jump start your South Carolina - BFI mortgage license test prep tools. Our exam prep suites provide all the study materials — from flashcards to personalized learning — you need to pass the NMLS mortgage exam and become a licensed South Carolina mortgage loan officer.
Your Success is Our #1 Priority
OnCourse Learning empowers aspiring mortgage loan originators and seasoned mortgage loan officers to take their learning experience to the next level. Get and maintain your NMLS license with:
- NMLS-approved mortgage pre-licensing, continuing education and late CE courses
- Exam prep tools to help you pass your NMLS license exam
- Over 50 years of mortgage education experience
We’ve helped over 300,000 mortgage brokers begin and advance their careers. Get started today!
Learn about the South Carolina (BFI) mortgage education requirements for mortgage licensing.
In the state of South Carolina (BFI), mortgage loan originators are required to:
- Complete a Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- Authorize a credit report through the NMLS.
- Fulfill all state and federal education requirements as designated by your state agency.
- Take and pass both National Component and South Carolina State Component Tests.
- Have attained the age of at least eighteen years of age.
- Work for a licensed mortgage lender (W2 employee).
- Have never had a loan originator license revoked in any governmental jurisdiction.
- Have not been convicted of, or pled guilty or nolo contendere to, a felony in a domestic, foreign, or military court (1) during the ten-year period preceding the date of the application for licensing or (2) at any time, if the felony involved an act of fraud, dishonesty, breach of trust, or money laundering.
- Submission of an authorization to release.
South Carolina (BFI) NMLS Pre-Licensing Education Requirements:
New state-licensed MLOs are required to complete 20 hours of NMLS-approved education. This includes:
- 3 hours of federal law
- 3 hours of ethics
- 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending training
- 3 hours of South Carolina-specific law
- 9 hours of electives
South Carolina (BFI) Continuing Education Requirements:
State-licensed MLOs are required to complete 8 hours of NMLS-approved mortgage education annually beginning the year they are licensed (unless PE was completed in the same year). This includes:
- 3 hours of federal law
- 2 hours of ethics
- 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending
- 1 hour of South Carolina-specific law
MLOs are advised that to comply with the SAFE Act’s “successive years” rule, they may not take the same CE course two years in a row.
South Carolina (BFI) Mortgage Licensing:
- South Carolina Consumer Finance Division of the Board of Financial Institutions
- Phone: 803-734-2020
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: consumerfinance.sc.gov