Learn about the Wyoming education requirements for real estate licensing and renewal.
Licensing Board/Commission: Wyoming Real Estate Commission
Wyoming Real Estate Education Requirements:
- Wyoming real estate salesperson license: 54 hours (consisting of the 30-hour salesperson I course and the 24-hour salesperson II course)
- Wyoming real estate broker license: 62 hours (consisting of the 54 hours of pre-license education and an 8-hour broker management course)
Wyoming State Reciprocity:
Real estate commissions and boards across the country are adopting policies for a real estate agent in one state to more easily become licensed in another state.
Licensees from other states looking to get a real estate license in Wyoming must complete and pass the Wyoming Law portion of the salesperson I course, the salesman II course and the state license exam.
Wyoming Real Estate Continuing Education (CE) and License Renewal Requirements:
- Real estate professionals in Wyoming must renew their real estate licenses by December 31 every three years
- By this date, licensees must take 45 hours of real estate CE, including 24 hours of mandatory classes and 21 hours of electives
- Students must complete the course within one year from date of enrollment
- All mandatory courses must be taken in a classroom setting, but elective courses may be taken as online classes
- The mandatory topics are 8 hours of contracting, trust accounts and closing, 8 hours of marketplace issues and 8 hours of practical applications